Technology Use Agreement
La Tijera Academy of Excellence Charter School provides students and staff access to rich information and technology resources. Staff and students will receive training to develop the skills necessary to use such resources effectively. Technology resources include the use of: Chromebooks, desktop computers, laptops, iPads (tablets), interactive white boards, internet access, GAFE (Google Apps for Education) and all technology peripherals. Technology resources are provided for students and staff to collaborate, produce, publish, conduct research, and communicate with each other. In return, every La Tijera user is expected to use these resources for educational purposes only.
La Tijera via Inglewood Unified School District (IUSD) has taken reasonable steps to ensure that its technology resources are used only for activities that support the curriculum. Users should not expect privacy through e-mail, Internet usage, or created documents. IUSD will monitor individual use of all technology systems as needed. However, total security on such a far reaching system is imperfect and impossible to achieve.
All users are expected to act in a responsible, ethical, and legal manner and conform to common etiquette that includes being polite, using appropriate language, and respecting privacy by adhering to the following rules:
- All school rules apply (See Student Handbook for more details).
- Follow directions the first time given.
- Respective behavior is required at all times.
- Keep hands clean.
- No food or drink is allowed near Chromebooks, iPads or computer equipment.
- Do not mishandle the Chromebooks, iPads or technology equipment.
- If you are not sure, ASK!
- Do not reveal personal information (home address or phone number) of your own or another person’s.
- Respect others online – NO BULLYING!
- Use the Internet for good reasons (Cause NO HARM to self nor others).
- Do not use technological resources for financial or commercial gain.
- Do not plagiarize, download, share or change information in any way that you do not own without citing the source or getting permission from the owner.
- Do not vandalize and/or tamper with equipment, programs, files, system performance or other components of the network, including copying, distributing, or modifying copyrighted software, pictures or music.
- Do not use another user’s account or user name or allow another user access to one’s own account or user name
- Do not share your password either knowingly or carelessly.
- Do not use e-mail for other than school/district-related purposes.
- Continued access to computer equipment and online resources
- Free time (pre-approved website and programs)
- Wall of Fame (Keys of Excellence are encouraged and rewarded)
- Positive Dojo points
Internet Rule violations can result in disciplinary action up to and including suspension or expulsion, and/or legal action, and may also result in a loss of access to technology or various elements of technology.
The following consequences apply to General Rule violations:
- 1st Offense- Warning
- 2nd Offense- Loss of access, negative Dojo points
- 3rd Offense- Call/Note to parents, negative dojo points, and loss of access
- 4th Offense- Call/Note to parent, loss of access, negative dojo points, and office visit
- Severe Offense-Immediate loss of access and a parent conference prior to return
Click here for a printable form: